So we’re actually going to be in Oman for almost all of
Ramadan..we’re leaving te day before it ends, which is quite annoying, because
apparently on the last day they have mega-big festivities…
This year Ramadan is from the 18th of July until
the 18th of August..and I love food. I don’t know how well I’ll be
able to deal with this..meet cranky food-deprived Ariel, Oman!
Naw it’ll be an eye opening experience, and to tell the truth, I’ve always wanted to go during Ramadan. Iftar is the breaking of the fast, which I assume means..LOTS AND LOTS OF FOOD!!! I was talking to my aunt, who just came back from Oman because she was working at the university there, and she said the food is delicious…so I’m definitely looking forward to that
Naw it’ll be an eye opening experience, and to tell the truth, I’ve always wanted to go during Ramadan. Iftar is the breaking of the fast, which I assume means..LOTS AND LOTS OF FOOD!!! I was talking to my aunt, who just came back from Oman because she was working at the university there, and she said the food is delicious…so I’m definitely looking forward to that
Muscat, Oman, is a city of trade. They have a population of approximately
730,000 people. Oman has universal suffrage for those over the age of 21, which
is a very unique thing for most Arab states. Women can also hold a position in a government
office, which is a first. Three women were recently elected into the Omani
government. The sultan, Qaboos bin Said
al Said, keeps Oman as a neutral country and upholds good relations with
different countries including Iran, America and Britain.
I got an email yesterday,
and our conference call with all the participants will be in late May…I'm really
excited :P
No comments:
Post a Comment