Since the beginning of our time here in Marrakech, another NSLI-Y student and I (Will) have become a part of the debate club at our school. At first, we were just judges. Then this term, we started debating. It started with being challenged by the ENCG (French Moroccan university) since they didn't agree with the way we judged one of their debates. We won that debate, which was a nice surprise. About a week later our debate teacher/coach/English teacher at the CLC asks us if we would like to interview to perhaps participate in an international debate tournament. We both interviewed, not knowing exactly what we were getting ourselves into.
After perusing their website a bit more and after the interview, I discovered that a) we would be representing Morocco, and b) this was an actual real thing. It wasn't something set up by Morocco, but rather the United States.
Last weekend Will and I found out that we both made it, and that we will be participating in this debate competition, representing Morocco. It's an interesting turn of events, but we're nonetheless excited. The debate is taking place in the end of March. I am still a bit unclear as to how this debate will be set up, but you know what, I'm just going to go where the wind takes me.
I'll keep you guys posted on what happens!
Until then,
bsalama!
After perusing their website a bit more and after the interview, I discovered that a) we would be representing Morocco, and b) this was an actual real thing. It wasn't something set up by Morocco, but rather the United States.
Last weekend Will and I found out that we both made it, and that we will be participating in this debate competition, representing Morocco. It's an interesting turn of events, but we're nonetheless excited. The debate is taking place in the end of March. I am still a bit unclear as to how this debate will be set up, but you know what, I'm just going to go where the wind takes me.
I'll keep you guys posted on what happens!
Until then,
bsalama!
No comments:
Post a Comment