I think this was also why I was afraid of leaving home. I left a world I knew, a life I knew and had lived for 18 years. But now going back, I expect life to be the same as it was when I left it, even though I know, logically, that will never happen. I have left home, but just because I left, doesn't mean that life there has stopped.
I'm terrified of leaving because I will Marrakech in one way, and when/if I come back, I will expect Marrakech to stay exactly the same. But the reality is that Marrakech (and everywhere) is changing. People will have graduated, gotten married, moved, and life will have moved on. That is precisely why I am so terrified of leaving. I have learned to love Marrakech the way it is; 5 people to a moped Marrakech, Crazy Boys Marrakech, touristy crowded Marrakech...and I have learned to love the people here.
That is my main problem. If I could leave and Marrakech would stay the same, I would have no problem with it.
I'm terrified of leaving because I will Marrakech in one way, and when/if I come back, I will expect Marrakech to stay exactly the same. But the reality is that Marrakech (and everywhere) is changing. People will have graduated, gotten married, moved, and life will have moved on. That is precisely why I am so terrified of leaving. I have learned to love Marrakech the way it is; 5 people to a moped Marrakech, Crazy Boys Marrakech, touristy crowded Marrakech...and I have learned to love the people here.
That is my main problem. If I could leave and Marrakech would stay the same, I would have no problem with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment