So it's official...we're down to single digits. That means I'm leaving in 9 days. At 6.04 am. I haven't started counting the hours...yet :D
Yesterday I got a wonderful package in the mail...dun dun dun IT'S MY ARABIC DICTIONARY!!!!
WOOOOOT
I'm excited. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but tonight I will. Right now, I am in the midst of packing my bag. I have most of the essentials, but I love procrastinating, so dear reader, be assured, I will be packing the night before I leave...oh well
I also finally sent in my wonderful "student profile" that we needed to fill out in order to be placed in a family accordingly. I really would love to know what my host family is like, but it is possible that we won't know until we are in Oman.
Gifts
I have started getting gifts together for my wonderful host family. So far I have a mix CD that I made last night (it has some French music, Spanish music, American music...a bit of everything), Baci Perugina (which my mother insisted I bring...) and perhaps wind chimes because I cannot think of anything else :P. I need to head downtown and get something San Francisco related though...I think they would enjoy that. To go on my non-existent to do list.
Packing
I am currently packing lightly. A bit too lightly. My mother is making me pack more.... -_-
Annoyedddddd. Oh well. Better more than less, no?
(Aside: I'm listening to the PERFECT station on Pandora. It's all of my favorite music :D )
Oh no now my room smells like sunscreen. I just opened the package with the sunscreen and now everything will be sunscreen smelly... :/ Oh well
Here is my luggage so far. These are most of my clothes...
Just need to put in all the essentials. Joy. Off to find floss, toothpaste and memory cards for my camera.
Also, I had my language test today, the OPI. The person called, and here is how the test went.
Him: "Hello, I will read you the instructions, then you can ask questions"
Me: "Ok!"
Me: (After the instructions were read) "So.....I don't speak any Arabic..."
Him: ".............None at all?"
Me: "None..."
Him: "Ok. Have a wonderful weekend!"
I think I successfully failed that one.
Oy vey.
Back to packing, my wonderful readers!

No comments:
Post a Comment