Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A, E, I, O, J, G and K

So the first CLC Connect English class came and went...with a few bumps. First off, my original class got switched with my friend Cody's original class, so he ended up teaching my class and I taught his. Problem: his original class only have three of the students show up. So I began by teaching these three students, thankfully two of the students from his class were put into my class, so now I have a very full class of five bright young pupils. I had underplanned a bit, despite what I had thought (I thought I had overplanned). One thing that we kept practicing was the alphabet, certain letters in particular. For French speaking Moroccans, the letters a, e, i, o, g, k, j, s, d, t, and z are very hard to pronounce. More than it being difficult, they say a like i, g like j and so on. Having them repeat the letters helped quite a bit. We also played a bunch of games which they seemed to like. My class was quite alive, they were always talking and awake (aside from towards the end but I totally understand why they were tired).

I realized that despite being so nervous, the class went quite smoothly. I am very happy with the way it turned out :)

I'm quite excited for the next class, and getting through this class will make me look forward to Wednesdays rather than dread them. This way I look forward to Mondays (woodworking), Wednesdays (English) and Fridays simply because it's Friday.
WOOOT

Bsalama for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment