Oh hello, didn't see you there.
Today was an exciting day..why, you might ask?
Well because we finally got our long awaited class lists for the English classes we'll be teaching. I have eight kids, all (spare one) born in 1999, one born in 1998. They are beginning one, aka little to no English instruction. Each NSLI-Y student has a class (either beginning one, two or three) that we must teach for 14 weeks. We meet once a week for two hours (about). I could not be more excited to start this adventure. Clearly, it will be an adventure for both me and the students..but we'll get through it together, right?
I have never "taught" officially before. We received classes on how to teach English as a foreign language while in Morocco, so I do not feel that I lack in preparation. Rather, I lack in experience. Then again, all teachers must start with a first class, a first nerve wracking class.
My first class is Wednesday, so I must go and prepare!
This is just a small post for now, there will be more to come.
Bsalama for now!
Today was an exciting day..why, you might ask?
Well because we finally got our long awaited class lists for the English classes we'll be teaching. I have eight kids, all (spare one) born in 1999, one born in 1998. They are beginning one, aka little to no English instruction. Each NSLI-Y student has a class (either beginning one, two or three) that we must teach for 14 weeks. We meet once a week for two hours (about). I could not be more excited to start this adventure. Clearly, it will be an adventure for both me and the students..but we'll get through it together, right?
I have never "taught" officially before. We received classes on how to teach English as a foreign language while in Morocco, so I do not feel that I lack in preparation. Rather, I lack in experience. Then again, all teachers must start with a first class, a first nerve wracking class.
My first class is Wednesday, so I must go and prepare!
This is just a small post for now, there will be more to come.
Bsalama for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment