Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Here comes the agony

The agony? How could ANYONE be in agony whilst waiting to go to Oman, you ask. It's the waiting. I hate waiting. I thought summer would be fun..but I find myself sitting at home doing absolutely nothing. I should really be studying for my wonderful SAT subject tests on Saturday shouldn't I? Oh well. Here comes the 31 days of waiting...and waiting...and waiting. It's 2012, why is there not a machine to transport you into the future? Come on, we have the technology (or at least in my mind we do).
Here are some things that actually pertain to my trip. What a surprise!
  • The pre-departure guide is 46 pages...of FUN!!! 
  • There is no need to veil up whilst in Oman
  • All colors (clothing wise) are acceptable
  • We will be going to
     1. Salalah in Dhofar
     2. Jabal Shams and the bedouin village of Nizwa
  •  I don't know how I'll be able to keep my vegetarianism up during my stay in Oman
  • Not many people know where Oman is
  • !! I NEED to get the host family a gift..I totally forgot. Probably a scrap book or something from where I live
  • The dress code after/before Ramadan is a bit more relaxed
I'm going to go start figuring out what to give to my host family..and attempt to study for SAT's...yayyy

31 days left! 


P.S: I started learning Arabic using this website. It's really tough. I'm currently learning the alphabet. My goal is that by the time I leave for Oman, I'll know the alphabet. Can I do it? There is no question. I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment