Saturday, August 18, 2012

Back in the fog

So I'm back home.









Yea.
This is the hardest post to write, so forgive me if it goes on forever.

Yesterday Omani time we got on the plane in Muscat, and said goodbye to Hannah, Katy, and the rest of Amideast staff as well as our host families. It was a really hard goodbye, but not as hard as the ones that followed. We flew from Muscat to Riyad, and in Riyad, the plane was filled with Saudis and other people flying to Frankfurt. I finally got around to watching the Avengers, and I spent the whole time either watching the Avengers, talking with Lily or sleeping. Finally, we got to Frankfurt, and had a wonderful five hour layover. We got through security just fine, and sat around for five hours.

I think we left on time, I can't quite remember. On the way from Frankfurt to DC I sat next to a Palestinian woman who had studied in Jordan. She had just come back from there witth her daughters and son. We talked alot, and in the end, she gave me her contact info and told me if I was ever in Jordan to go visit her.


We touched down in DC an hour earlier than expected, and we got off the plane. Five minutes after we got off the plane, it came time to say goodbye to the three girls who were ending in DC and Fatin. This was very difficult because Lily and Sarah and I had bonded so much, and they were staying in DC. I almost cried, but thankfully I didn't. Just wait though, I'm not a heartless person, I did cry later on.

We got through customs fine, nothing very exciting happened, no one got stopped. My flight left at 5.30, so I had time to kill. Me along with some other girls had later flights, so we said goodbye to those who had to leave right away...
I don't know how I managed to hold up. But I did.

Around 4.30, I had to go board, and thats when the harder goodbyes were. It wasn't that saying goodbye to those girls was harder, it was that I was actually leaving, and this trip was over. As I boarded my final plane to go home, I started crying. Thats when the floodgates broke open and the tears came running out. I'm pretty sure the flight attendants were very confused as to why I was crying.

Well. Then I got home, and that's the end of that adventure. I haven't decided if I will keep blogging ( I don't know what I would blog about) but this blog will still be here. Insha'allah I will go abroad again, and use this blog in the future.

مع سالامة عمان

احبك جدا

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous28/8/12 09:35

    its been ten days :) how are you? how's home? say something valentina XD starting school soon?

    hey i just wondered... how are you with maths?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looooooooooooooooooooooooooooog travel with huge different with the timezone :P
    Now, u got so much experiences and tell ur people about Oman .

    مع السلامة ... في انتظار الجديد
    JAKAP :)

    ReplyDelete