Today I had the last part of my final.
Today we said goodbye to out FGLL teachers
Today is my third to last day in Oman, and I'm not ready to leave.
I realize that I've taken my time here very much for granted, and I'm starting to regret not living in the moment. On the other hand, I never live in the moment, no matter how hard I try.
Our FGLL teachers prepared a video for us, and boy, did I cry. We all cried, and then they gave us a stuffed animal (a camel) and a frankincense burner. It was like Niagra Falls in there. No lie. Everyone was crying, but then again I think it had to do with the amount of estrogen in the room, given there were all girls.
After this, I went to a salon with a few other girls (as our afternoon activity). I went last night to get a haircut with my host sister, it was only 2 riyals, which is super cheap. But today, I decided to do a "deep condition". Basically, they put this chocoalte goop in my hair after washing it, and it makes the hair healthier? Well, my hair now smells delicious, and I want to eat it. Not my hair, but the smell. Ya know what I mean? It just smells so good. And normally at home I am the last person to care about hair care, but here with the super extra chlorinated water, my hair has gone bezerk. So the deep condition really helped.
Tomorrow henna and presentations, our second to last day in Oman.
I don't know how to deal with not seeing this 15 girls every single day when I get back, it will be extremely strange. I miss them already when I'm with my host family...ohboy.
Anywho, off to sleep (when we finally get home, I'm at an aunts house right now), crying makes people exhausted.
Bye!
Today we said goodbye to out FGLL teachers
Today is my third to last day in Oman, and I'm not ready to leave.
I realize that I've taken my time here very much for granted, and I'm starting to regret not living in the moment. On the other hand, I never live in the moment, no matter how hard I try.
Our FGLL teachers prepared a video for us, and boy, did I cry. We all cried, and then they gave us a stuffed animal (a camel) and a frankincense burner. It was like Niagra Falls in there. No lie. Everyone was crying, but then again I think it had to do with the amount of estrogen in the room, given there were all girls.
After this, I went to a salon with a few other girls (as our afternoon activity). I went last night to get a haircut with my host sister, it was only 2 riyals, which is super cheap. But today, I decided to do a "deep condition". Basically, they put this chocoalte goop in my hair after washing it, and it makes the hair healthier? Well, my hair now smells delicious, and I want to eat it. Not my hair, but the smell. Ya know what I mean? It just smells so good. And normally at home I am the last person to care about hair care, but here with the super extra chlorinated water, my hair has gone bezerk. So the deep condition really helped.
Tomorrow henna and presentations, our second to last day in Oman.
I don't know how to deal with not seeing this 15 girls every single day when I get back, it will be extremely strange. I miss them already when I'm with my host family...ohboy.
Anywho, off to sleep (when we finally get home, I'm at an aunts house right now), crying makes people exhausted.
Bye!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :((((((((((
ReplyDeleteno...?
DeleteOhmygoth get me some of the chocolate hair stuff and I'll die.
ReplyDeleteLiving in the moment is hard but even if you didn't fully you still have lots of things to look back and live in the past with.
Caaaamel!!! You'd better have named it.
If you had told me while I was still there.....
DeleteBtws, my hair STILL smells like chocolate and I've taken showers..
I did name it!
It's name is Sultan Faisal, because the name of one of my teachers is Sultan, and the other one is Faisal. So he's Sultan Faisal
Okay. Please don't stare at me oddly when I smell your hair tomorrow. :D
DeleteI wanna be called Sultan! That's adorable :D