Monday, August 13, 2012

Living the life

I am exhausted. I can't even explain why, I just am.
It's 3 days until departure, and I can't stomach the feeling of leaving this country.

I took the first part of my final today, and tomorrow is the speaking part. I am really not that worried, just very exhausted. On this trip, I've joked about sweating in places I didn't know could sweat (ie bottom of feet) but I'm being completely serious. I can't believe these seven weeks is almost over.
Tonight we went to dinner with our teachers, and it was really really fun. I talked with some of my friends about Harry Potter and the different ships we agree with. I think that's the most fun I've had in a long time. It's not that I haven't been having fun, it's that I really just needed someone to talk to about things that remind me of home.
Also, I've finally got my stuffie back from the hotel where I left it. Yes, I'm not ashamed. I brought a stuffie (stuffed animal) because I wanted something that would remind me of home. Finally have it back :D

I finished packing, this seems too real. I can fit everything into my suitcase, just not the emotions and experiences and memories I have, there is no way I can stuff those into one suitcase. Those are worth a lifetime and the lessons I've learned are worth ten lifetimes.

I apologize for the short post, but as I have mentioned, I am exhausted and I am going to get my haircut!! After the cousins leave, of course. Family is truly everything here.

PS. Maya and I got a lot of sari fabrics, now we just need to learn how to tie it.

Goodnight!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous13/8/12 11:35

    sari's are not omani :p a comment 4 minutes after posting. we freakin love this blog. dint stop it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know sari's are not Omani, but I've always wanted to get one :)
      I won't stop...until I get back home. What would I blog about?

      Delete
  2. Do the finals count for anything vital? Just out of curiosity.

    Totally relate to the stuffed animal thing. I used to have over 100... :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wellllll I am the only one that knows my grade, but NSLI-Y knows whether I passed or failed.
      It counts in my brain. :P

      Delete
    2. Makes sense! It'd suck to fail right at the end. Do they record it or anything though?

      Delete