We just got back from the AMAZING Nizwa. It was really fun and alot cooler and nicer than Muscat. Also, our wonderful tour guides/drivers turn out to be attractive...it's just a fact of life here, I guess :P
So we went in 4 different jeeps with about 4 people in each jeep. I honestly loved my car, it was Maya, Lily, Sarah and I. Oh and Tim, our driver (he says his friends call him Tim). As soon as we got to Nizwa, we got to the Nizwa Souq. Nizwa is famous for silver, so i got some silver stuff and some pottery.
So we went in 4 different jeeps with about 4 people in each jeep. I honestly loved my car, it was Maya, Lily, Sarah and I. Oh and Tim, our driver (he says his friends call him Tim). As soon as we got to Nizwa, we got to the Nizwa Souq. Nizwa is famous for silver, so i got some silver stuff and some pottery.
Nizwa is very beautiful, and we learned alot about the history as well at the fort. Unfortunately, we only got to spend 30 minutes at the souq...so I got pretty good at power shopping.
After that, we went to visit these really little villages, they were so pretty. STORYTIME!!!!
So we got to this super adorably small village in the middle of the Nizwa mountains, it was gorgeous by the way.
So some of us got separated from the tour, and we went off on our own. We found this pool so some people decided to go in...little did we know, that the sign (without and arrow) saying that men could not go that way was actually pointing the other way...oh well. It was fun, and no one was complaining.
So by this time, we still haven't had lunch, but we're very hungry. So we keep going deeper and deeper into the Nizwa mountains (I can't remember what we had or when we had or if we had lunch...). We're not actually close to Nizwa, but those mountains are near Nizwa.
After lunch, we stopped to see the view..it was amazing. The mountains are legitly straight down. It was scary, but really breathtaking. Across the road, there were theses girls that were selling homemade bracelets and shoes. They didn't want pictures taken, so I didn't, but they were the cutest things ever. They were from the ages of about 4-10. They were wearing colorful dresses with matching headscarves. Their eyes are indescribable. They had very brown eyes with extremely long eyelashes, but they had semi lighter skin..they were so cute.
We finally got to our wonderful campsite, and IT WAS RAINING!!! I was so happy, because in Oman, rain is something that doesn't usually happen. Our tents were really really amazing.
It wasn't even camping. It was luxurious camping. The next day (aka today, friday) we went on a "hike" to a lake/water place. It was so beautiful. It was in the middle of a gorge, and the water felt so good, because it was burning hot outside.
Isn't it beautiful?!
That's about all we did. Oh, I got so many bruises because the rocks in the water are super slippery and I fell alot. Hence the name of this post. Also, we danced in the car when we were driving back to muscat because the driver, Tim, had some really good music. Everywhere we go, we dance. NSLI-Y Dancer Troupe. We should call it that now.
Ok byee! Im gonna go shower and sleep. So tired. Ramadan starts tomorrow and I want to fast. We'll see how that goes.
Ma salama, habibtis!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Power shopping. Why does this just sound like a bad thing? :D
ReplyDeleteYour tents are sooooo pretty and look so awesome. Double bed, seriously?!